Re: [wpmac] [OT] Stories from Tech Support

  • geoffrey mendelson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8 9:23 PM
      On Aug 8, 2010, at 10:28 PM, jrethorst wrote:

      > . .
      > This has to be one of the funniest things in a long time. I think
      > this guy should have been promoted, not fired.
      >
      > This is a true story from the WordPerfect Helpline, which was
      > transcribed from a recording monitoring the customer care department..
      >
      > Needless to say the Help Desk employee was fired; however, he/she is
      > currently suing the WordPerfect organization for 'Termination
      > without Cause.'
      >
      > Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee.
      > (Now I know why they record these conversations!):

      It's amazing how this has grown. It has been floating around the email
      listst, and then later the web since long before Satellite Software
      was selling Word Perfect.

      Geoff.

      --
      Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
      To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9 5:49 AM
        There was a version of it floating around MIT in the 1970s - when it was about someone working at a terminal. A friend who worked at some IBM research center in the 1980s heard a version of it about the old DisplayWrite system.