Hanging indent in WP3.5e

  • bunnyflum
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 2:30 PM
      Dear folks:

      I'm using WP for the first time, for a big editorial and bibliographic job. I'm running WP3.5e through SheepShaver, and am encountering some pretty basic questions.

      Here's the first one: How do I do a hanging indent? Is there a keystroke shortcut? I can't find one in the WordPerfect Guide or Help Topics. My editorial style sheet says that in the Windows version, you use Ctrl+F7, but that doesn't work for the Mac version. The stylesheet also says to use Ctrl+F7 rather than the Tab key or Spacebar, so that there aren't formatting-code issues later.

      Thanks for any help you have to offer,
      DWN
    • jrethorst
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "bunnyflum" <bunnyflum@...> wrote:

        > Here's the first one: How do I do a hanging indent?

        Shift-tab.

        John R.
      • Christopher Brown
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
          Ahhh, what WordPerfect does best.

          Option-tab block indents all lines of the following paragraph on the
          left.
          Option-command-tab block indents the whole following paragraph on
          both left and right.

          Either of these followed by shift-tab (back-tab) takes the first line
          back to the previous tab stop or left margin, giving a hanging
          paragraph.

          Why has no other word processor made hanging paragraphs and block
          quotes so simple?

          Chris

          On Jun 1, 2010, at 10:43 AM, jrethorst wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "bunnyflum" <bunnyflum@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Here's the first one: How do I do a hanging indent?
          >
          > Shift-tab.

        • jrethorst
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Brown <cbrown15@...> wrote:

            > Ahhh, what WordPerfect does best.

            Or at least one of them.

            > Option-tab block indents all lines of the following paragraph on the left.
            > Option-command-tab block indents the whole following paragraph on
            > both left and right.
            >
            > Either of these followed by shift-tab (back-tab) takes the first line
            > back to the previous tab stop or left margin, giving a hanging
            > paragraph.

            Back tab works even if you haven't indented the paragraph. The hanging indent moves the first line left to the next tab stop.

            All of these keystrokes, like every command in the program, are user-customizable.

            > Why has no other word processor made hanging paragraphs and block
            > quotes so simple?

            This is a good question.