Symbolic Linker (was: Re: Snow Leopard)

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 14 , May 17, 2010
      Understood, but I've only found one other situation where I needed to use symlinks instead of aliases (and I did that from the terminal window.) I wasn't aware until this thread that they gave Sheepshaver an extra boost (translation: I'd never tried them there.)

      Ted

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > No need to limit its use to SheepShaver. It works anywhere, like the Finder's alias feature. There may be other differences between them that I don't know about.
      >
      > John R.

    • Rick Albright
      Message 2 of 14 , May 21, 2010
        On May 12, 2010, at 8:38 PM, jrethorst wrote:

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bush <konajoe@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > The current build works . . .

        I finally got an Intel machine. What's the current build? I see that there are at least three builds in the file section of Yahoo groups, but they all seem to be from 2009, nothing more recent than that. I was expecting one with a 2010 date.

        Thanks,
        Rick
        “No dark sarcasm in the classroom”
        --Roger Waters, “Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2”
        from Pink Floyd, The Wall
        Rick Albright
        logres@...
      • jrethorst
        Message 3 of 14 , May 22, 2010
          Links > SheepShaver and Basilisk >

          SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.2.3.dmg (February 2010)

          or

          WP Appliance Files (Basilisk)

          or

          WPMacPPC Installer

          > I finally got an Intel machine. What's the current build? I see that there are at least three builds in the file section of Yahoo groups, but they all seem to be from 2009, nothing more recent than that. I was expecting one with a 2010 date.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Rick
          > "No dark sarcasm in the classroom"
          > --Roger Waters, "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2"
          > from Pink Floyd, The Wall
          > Rick Albright
          > logres@...

        • jrethorst
          Message 4 of 14 , May 22, 2010

            > I finally got an Intel machine.

            Get set for WordPerfect to be _fast_. It's hard to believe.

            John R.
          • Chad Smith
            Message 5 of 14 , May 22, 2010
              The WPMacPPC installer - is that *for* PPCs or *to immulate* PPCs?

              - Chad W Smith
              "I like a man who's middle name is W." - President George W. Bush - February
              10, 2003 bit.ly/gwb-dubya

              Message 6 of 14 , May 22, 2010
                The WPMacPPC installer emulates a ancient PowerPC machine. It runs on Intel or PPC machines running OS X Leopard or Intel machines running Snow Leopard

                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Chad Smith <chad78@...> wrote:

                > The WPMacPPC installer - is that *for* PPCs or *to emulate* PPCs?
              • Rick Albright
                Message 7 of 14 , May 23, 2010
                  I kept looking under "Files." Sorry. Thanks.
                  rick