Symbolic Linker (was: Re: Snow Leopard)

  • jrethorst
    Message 1 of 14 , May 17, 2010
      No need to limit its use to SheepShaver. It works anywhere, like the Finder's alias feature. There may be other differences between them that I don't know about.

      > Thanks John. I'll give it a try when I feel like playing with Sheepshaver again...
      >
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >

      > > I'm running Symlink on an Intel machine with Tiger (and built the current SheepShaver/WordPerfect install on it). Runs fine. It's a nice tool, free, that Macworld gave 4 out of 5 mice to. It runs on OSX 10.1 and later, and is a software service for Leopard and later. See:
      > >
      > > http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/~seiryu/symboliclinker.html
      > >
      > > John R.

    • ted_m_p_lee
      Message 2 of 14 , May 17, 2010
        Understood, but I've only found one other situation where I needed to use symlinks instead of aliases (and I did that from the terminal window.) I wasn't aware until this thread that they gave Sheepshaver an extra boost (translation: I'd never tried them there.)

        Ted

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > No need to limit its use to SheepShaver. It works anywhere, like the Finder's alias feature. There may be other differences between them that I don't know about.
        >
        > John R.

      • Rick Albright
        Message 3 of 14 , May 21, 2010
          On May 12, 2010, at 8:38 PM, jrethorst wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bush <konajoe@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The current build works . . .

          I finally got an Intel machine. What's the current build? I see that there are at least three builds in the file section of Yahoo groups, but they all seem to be from 2009, nothing more recent than that. I was expecting one with a 2010 date.

          Thanks,
          Rick
          “No dark sarcasm in the classroom”
          --Roger Waters, “Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2”
          from Pink Floyd, The Wall
          Rick Albright
          logres@...
        • jrethorst
          Message 4 of 14 , May 22, 2010
            Links > SheepShaver and Basilisk >

            SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.2.3.dmg (February 2010)

            or

            WP Appliance Files (Basilisk)

            or

            WPMacPPC Installer

            > I finally got an Intel machine. What's the current build? I see that there are at least three builds in the file section of Yahoo groups, but they all seem to be from 2009, nothing more recent than that. I was expecting one with a 2010 date.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Rick
            > "No dark sarcasm in the classroom"
            > --Roger Waters, "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2"
            > from Pink Floyd, The Wall
            > Rick Albright
            > logres@...

          • jrethorst
            Message 5 of 14 , May 22, 2010

              > I finally got an Intel machine.

              Get set for WordPerfect to be _fast_. It's hard to believe.

              John R.
            • Chad Smith
              Message 6 of 14 , May 22, 2010
                The WPMacPPC installer - is that *for* PPCs or *to immulate* PPCs?

                - Chad W Smith
                "I like a man who's middle name is W." - President George W. Bush - February
                10, 2003 bit.ly/gwb-dubya

                Message 7 of 14 , May 22, 2010
                  The WPMacPPC installer emulates a ancient PowerPC machine. It runs on Intel or PPC machines running OS X Leopard or Intel machines running Snow Leopard

                  --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Chad Smith <chad78@...> wrote:

                  > The WPMacPPC installer - is that *for* PPCs or *to emulate* PPCs?
                • Rick Albright
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 23, 2010
                    I kept looking under "Files." Sorry. Thanks.
                    rick