Symbolic Linker (was: Re: Snow Leopard)

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 14 , May 14 11:33 AM
      Thanks John. I'll give it a try when I feel like playing with Sheepshaver again...

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I'm running Symlink on an Intel machine with Tiger (and built the current SheepShaver/WordPerfect install on it). Runs fine. It's a nice tool, free, that Macworld gave 4 out of 5 mice to. It runs on OSX 10.1 and later, and is a software service for Leopard and later. See:
      >
      > http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/~seiryu/symboliclinker.html
      >
      > John R.

    • jrethorst
      Message 2 of 14 , May 17 6:52 AM
        No need to limit its use to SheepShaver. It works anywhere, like the Finder's alias feature. There may be other differences between them that I don't know about.

        > Thanks John. I'll give it a try when I feel like playing with Sheepshaver again...
        >
        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >

        > > I'm running Symlink on an Intel machine with Tiger (and built the current SheepShaver/WordPerfect install on it). Runs fine. It's a nice tool, free, that Macworld gave 4 out of 5 mice to. It runs on OSX 10.1 and later, and is a software service for Leopard and later. See:
        > >
        > > http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/~seiryu/symboliclinker.html
        > >
        > > John R.

      • ted_m_p_lee
        Message 3 of 14 , May 17 9:17 AM
          Understood, but I've only found one other situation where I needed to use symlinks instead of aliases (and I did that from the terminal window.) I wasn't aware until this thread that they gave Sheepshaver an extra boost (translation: I'd never tried them there.)

          Ted

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > No need to limit its use to SheepShaver. It works anywhere, like the Finder's alias feature. There may be other differences between them that I don't know about.
          >
          > John R.

        • Rick Albright
          Message 4 of 14 , May 21 8:05 PM
            On May 12, 2010, at 8:38 PM, jrethorst wrote:

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bush <konajoe@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > The current build works . . .

            I finally got an Intel machine. What's the current build? I see that there are at least three builds in the file section of Yahoo groups, but they all seem to be from 2009, nothing more recent than that. I was expecting one with a 2010 date.

            Thanks,
            Rick
            “No dark sarcasm in the classroom”
            --Roger Waters, “Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2”
            from Pink Floyd, The Wall
            Rick Albright
            logres@...
          • jrethorst
            Message 5 of 14 , May 22 8:00 AM
              Links > SheepShaver and Basilisk >

              SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.2.3.dmg (February 2010)

              or

              WP Appliance Files (Basilisk)

              or

              WPMacPPC Installer

              > I finally got an Intel machine. What's the current build? I see that there are at least three builds in the file section of Yahoo groups, but they all seem to be from 2009, nothing more recent than that. I was expecting one with a 2010 date.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Rick
              > "No dark sarcasm in the classroom"
              > --Roger Waters, "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2"
              > from Pink Floyd, The Wall
              > Rick Albright
              > logres@...

            • jrethorst
              Message 6 of 14 , May 22 8:03 AM

                > I finally got an Intel machine.

                Get set for WordPerfect to be _fast_. It's hard to believe.

                John R.
              • Chad Smith
                Message 7 of 14 , May 22 8:12 AM
                  The WPMacPPC installer - is that *for* PPCs or *to immulate* PPCs?

                  - Chad W Smith
                  "I like a man who's middle name is W." - President George W. Bush - February
                  10, 2003 bit.ly/gwb-dubya

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 22 3:49 PM
                    The WPMacPPC installer emulates a ancient PowerPC machine. It runs on Intel or PPC machines running OS X Leopard or Intel machines running Snow Leopard

                    --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Chad Smith <chad78@...> wrote:

                    > The WPMacPPC installer - is that *for* PPCs or *to emulate* PPCs?
                  • Rick Albright
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 23 5:36 PM
                      I kept looking under "Files." Sorry. Thanks.
                      rick