Thanks, John!

  • georgewmaschke
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2010
      Many thanks to John Rethorst for putting together the SheepShaver & WordPerfect installer! It made getting classic running on my Intel Mac a breeze compared to the trial and error I went through to get it running under Linux.

      It had been a long while since I last ran WordPerfect for Macintosh, and it bring back a lot of memories. WordPerfect was the first word processor that I learned to use on my very first computer, a Macintosh Classic with a 9" black and white screen that in 1991 cost $999 with a student discount.

      So it's nice to be able to rummage through my old files on my new computer. I did notice a significant difference between SheepShaver and the Classic environment running under OS X 10.4: with SheepShaver, I cannot copy and paste text between the emulated and natively running systems. Am I the only one experiencing this?

      George Maschke
      http://www.georgemaschke.net/
    • jrethorst
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2010
        Hi George!

        [To all members: George was one of the original WPMac supporters and macro mavens, "back in the day", to coin a phrase, when the Mac user group was on AOL. His macros are available for download in the Files section here.]

        George, the clipboard works fine between WP/SheepShaver and any OSX app. I'm following this post with one that describes the easy, "one extra click" procedure.

        Welcome back!

        John R.