SheepShaver won't open

  • goober94306
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2010
      I desperately need to get into my SheepShaver, but it refuses to open. I have no idea what could be the problem. I double click on SheepShaver, it sort of flashes for a split second as if it is about to open, then nothing happens.

      Any ideas about what to do??

      Thanks,
      George Richardson
    • Bob Stern
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2010
        Hi, George!

        I think I had the same problem when my SS installation somehow got
        corrupted. I ended up recreating SS from scratch, including both the
        Prefs and the boot volume.

        I hope you don't have any important documents on your SS boot volume.
        It's best to store documents on the SS shared volume so you can
        access them in both SS and OS X, and so you won't lose them if SS
        gets corrupted.

        If you need to access some WordPerfect documents urgently and don't
        have time to rebuild SS, you can open WordPerfect documents in
        OpenOffice, Nisus Writer Pro, or Dataviz Maclink Plus.
        --

        Bob Stern