Re: [wpmac] [NEWS] Google buys Apple

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 8:17 AM
      This report is wrong.

      It should read Topeka bought Apple, (right after changing its name to Topeka
      from Google).
      http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/different-kind-of-company-name.html

      - Chad W Smith
      "I like a man who's middle name is W." - President George W. Bush - February
      10, 2003 bit.ly/gwb-dubya
    • Nancy Hyden Woodward
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 8:26 AM
        John,
        I assume everyone who reads this "news" knows today is April Fool's Day!
        Nancy
      • Gilbert, Geoffrey S
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 8:51 AM
          I do so love the childish glee hardbitten journalists seem to get from
          inventing painfully obvious spoofs today
          Geoff

          On 1 Apr 2010, at 15:51, "jrethorst" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > NEW YORK (April 1) - In a move that stunned many industry observers
          > but which insiders say was expected, Google has acquired Apple Inc.
          > (formerly Apple Computer) for over $250 billion in stock, other
          > equities and cash, representatives of both companies announced today.
          >
          > "This is a very positive step for the entire industry," Google
          > chairman Eric Schmidt said. "Apple has always had its own way of
          > doing things and, while that was fun to watch, it simply does not
          > comport with Google's pending ownership of the universe, and the
          > resulting necessity that all things be done the Google way."
          >
          > As a possibly telling example of that perspective, Schmidt declined
          > to comment on observations that "Don't be evil" is an astonishingly
          > ingenuous mantra for such an influential corporation to have,
          > compared with "Don't be selfish/lazy/complacent" or similar
          > adjectives more germane to actual adult issues, limitations and lives.
          >
          > Apple chairman Steve Jobs could not be reached for comment, as he
          > was apparently using his iPad to surf the dozen or so remaining
          > websites that do not require Flash video to run.
          >
          > In related developments, Google announced that Mac OSX would be
          > discontinued in favor of Chrome OS, which is already almost as
          > popular as Windows Vista, and that Apple's iPad, iPhone and iPod
          > would be discontinued in favor of Google's Android.

        • Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 10:39 AM
            April Fools! :-)