WPMac Appliance - WOW!

  • jjb3rd
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
      Guys:

      I just downloaded and installed the WPMac Appliance, transferred some of my fonts over and opened up an old document. It looks great.

      Absolutely amazing what you've done! Incredible. I'd tried to install through Sheepsaver, etc., over the past few years but it seemed always more trouble than it was worth (since I'd tweaked Word to emulate WP as much as possible). But this appliance is above and beyond the call of duty and is truly an incredible piece of software. My hat's off to everyone who took part and brought this to fruition.

      I'm missing only one thing: the old 5.1 keyboard. I searched the "files" here to no avail. I'm not sure what it was called or how it was installed. And I can't find my old copy of it.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      But again. Great work!
    • Brian Byrd
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
        I use Word 2007 (somewhat unhappily). I am intrigued to see how interested people are in running WP. Can someone briefly review it's merits for me? I haven't used it in more than a decade.

        Thanks
        Brian

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
          I don't think anyone can judge whether someone else will like any piece of software. No one else uses a word processor in exactly the same way you do. Why not download it and try it for yourself - no one else is better able to say whether you'll like it or not?

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Brian Byrd <pedalfaster2007@...> wrote:

          > I use Word 2007 (somewhat unhappily). I am intrigued to see how interested people are in running WP. Can someone briefly review it's merits for me? I haven't used it in more than a decade.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Brian
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Mar 3, 2010, at 11:25 AM, "jjb3rd" <joe@...> wrote:
          >
          > Guys:
          >
          > I just downloaded and installed the WPMac Appliance, transferred some of my fonts over and opened up an old document. It looks great.
          >
          > Absolutely amazing what you've done! Incredible. I'd tried to install through Sheepsaver, etc., over the past few years but it seemed always more trouble than it was worth (since I'd tweaked Word to emulate WP as much as possible). But this appliance is above and beyond the call of duty and is truly an incredible piece of software. My hat's off to everyone who took part and brought this to fruition.
          >
          > I'm missing only one thing: the old 5.1 keyboard. I searched the "files" here to no avail. I'm not sure what it was called or how it was installed. And I can't find my old copy of it.
          >
          > Any help would be appreciated.
          >
          > But again. Great work!

        • Daryl Chinn
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
            Let me put WP merits this way:  I have MS Word, Nissus Writer, TextEdit, and Word Perfect.  If I have to, I use MS Word.  If I have any choice at all, I use WordPerfect and have done so for over 12 years.  It would take too much space to list every reason why.  It's not perfect (no serial undo, for instance), but it's way more than enough.

            If you load it, you will have to learn and adapt it, so don't expect it to work perfectly for you the first time.

            Daryl

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
              We have one -- somewhere. I'll look for it.

              John R.