Re: [wpmac] [ANN] All-in-one alternate SheepShaver/WPMac setup

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2010
      Smokey,

      Yes, that's correct. If you drag the applet icon to the dock and leave it there permanently, you can drop files on it and they will open. When SheepShaver is running, its icon also appears in the dock, but you can't drag files to it, because it doesn't know what to do with them.

      I've set up this system to use the same icon for the applet and for the enclosed copy of SheepShaver. But in thinking about your comment, I see that it probably makes sense to restore the standard SheepShaver icon for the enclosed copy of SheepShaver as a way of reducing confusion about what you can do with the dock icon.

      If you download, you'll see that the Applescript code is an amateurish mess, full of spaghetti and redundancy. That's because I'm a complete beginner at Applescript. There *is* some good code in the applet, but the good code was all written by other people.

      The setup that I posted is mostly a sketch of how this might be done by people who know how to do it correctly. John's system could easily replace the one inside this one - by a simple drop-in replacement of the disk image and ROM that John uses for the disk-image and ROM that I use - but obviously the whole system should be put together by someone who knows what he's doing.

      Incidentally, looking at John's system, I see that I didn't include the bits that make it possible for Spotlight to index WordPerfect files. That's another limitation of my setup.