Re: [wpmac] Symbolic links - wonderful!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2010
      Dear John and everyone else

      This may be something to do with my system, but I wonder if anyone else
      has suffered this problem courtesy of symlinks. First, you need to know
      that to avoid having to navigate down through Users, then my Home
      folder, Documents etc., I have always (ie. since 1993 when I moved to a
      Mac, had all my working files in a folder in Documents on the Root disk.
      I created symlinks to my subfolders in that folder and placed them in
      the Unix Disk for Sheepshaver which is in my Users/Home/Documents
      folder. Except that if I save to a symlink in the Unix folder from
      Sheepshaver, Sheepshaver will quit properly, but I cannot shut down my
      Mac. If I don't use the symlink, I have no problem in shutting down my
      Mac. I guess it may be something to do with having Sheepshaver interact
      with the Root level of the disk, rather that the Users folder.

      Easy to remedy, but I wonder if others don't have this problem but have
      a similar set up.