Re: [wpmac] [ANN] New SheepShaver install (was: converting 1.x files to 3.5)

  • psophia3@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2010
      The version of SheepShaver in the new install is
      supposedly a universal binary. If you have problems with it,
      you can dl an earlier version of SheepShaver from links at
      emaculation.com/forum.

      Since you have a PPC, though, you can run WP 1x directly. Can
      you open the Appliance file disk in OSX to retrieve WP 1x? If
      its extension is .dsk, try changing it to .dmg.

      John R.

      >Ah, but that's for Intel. Not to be *too* pushy, but any options for
      >getting WP 1.x onto a Mac PPC OS X 10.3.9?..... if the Appliance
      >Files won't install (says disk image is corrupt). I've got all the
      >conversion files, but my 3.5 still won't open the 1.x files.....
      >Thanks again.

      >>Just posted. Has a nice new 500mb virtual disk, that both Disk First Aid
      >>and Disk Utility say is perfect. In the Links section here, in the SheepShaver
      >>and Basilisk folder, as "SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.2.3.dmg".

      [Lengthy quote of much of thread deleted]
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2010
        Good points. The next update will have an option to overwrite or keep
        the existing volume, and won't duplicate aliases.

        i also plan to learn shell scripting, so I can put the SS app in the
        root applications folder, where it belongs (requiring administrator
        priveleges) and put the volume in the /users/shared/ folder.

        Thanks,

      • psophia3@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 9, 2010
          OK, I downloaded 3.5e, and can now open some of the 1.x files. But
          for some of those files, opening them crashes the system and the
          system error message reads "'corel wordperfect' error type 10."
          I've combed Help and Google to find what that error means, but no
          luck, and I can't ID anything different about the files that won't
          open.....

          Jenny