Re: [wpmac] Re: Free Word?

  • J Busch
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
      I have been unable to install the latest version of WP with Crossover v8, something to do with the installer. v12 WP installs with limited sucess, but printing is problematic. I found virtual box to be a better solution, using an old XP license from a laptop that died years ago.

      Jonathan
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 2, 2009, at 15:23, "tbgibson" <tbgibson@...> wrote:

      Does anyone use Crossover? What do you think?

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@...> wrote:

      > Since we are trying to discuss both WordPerfect on the Mac and current
      Corel strategy, has anyone tried to install the latest WordPerfect for
      Windows using Crossover?

    • John Kaufmann
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2009
        In a message dated 2009.12.03 14:47 -0500, J Busch wrote:

        > ... I found virtual box to be a better solution [than Crossover], using an old XP license from a laptop that died years ago.

        Jonathan, sorry to ask a primitive question. but how does that work?
        You have an install CD from the earlier machine, and it works generically?

        John K.
      • J Busch
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 5, 2009
          No problem, my computer came with a Windows Install disk with product key. I installed XP via this CD. Note, I had to install SP3 since my copy was so outdated. Also, the computers today usually only come with an XP restore disc or partition, these won't work.
          You could use VMwares converter to create a disk image copy directly from you PC computer that is readable by virtualbox. This has been hit or miss as any issue you have on the PC will follow to virtualbox and driver issues may keep it from booting. The final option is to pickup an XP install disc off of Ebay.
          Cheers,
          Jonathan

          Sent from my iPhone