Re: [wpmac] System install problem

  • geoffrey mendelson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2009
      On Nov 23, 2009, at 8:44 PM, jv414@... wrote:

      > **Actually, using TomeViewer, I can't find a ROM file in the install
      > files on the install disks (except for "Apple CD-ROM"). Where is it?
      > What's it called?

      You won't. Originaly the ROM file could only be obtained by reading
      the ROMs from a real computer. By the time MacOS 9 came out the ROMs
      were so far out of date that Apple stopped using them for anything
      except booting. They included a replacement ROM image on the
      installation disks and loaded it at boot time.

      If you want to find one, look on a MacOS 9 CD, which due to
      Sheepshaver limitations should be 9.0, 9.01 or 9.04.

      Geoff.

      --
      geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
      Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson@...