Re: System install problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2009
      The SheepShaver experts hang out at

      http://www.emaculation.com/forum/index.php

      You'll get much better answers there.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "jv414@..." <jvoelzow@...> wrote:

      > When trying to install system software after configuring SS (i.e., setting the prefs), I get the message from within SS: "This startup disk will not work on this Macintosh model. Use the latest installer to update this disk for this model."
    • geoffrey mendelson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2009
        On Nov 23, 2009, at 8:44 PM, jv414@... wrote:

        > **Actually, using TomeViewer, I can't find a ROM file in the install
        > files on the install disks (except for "Apple CD-ROM"). Where is it?
        > What's it called?

        You won't. Originaly the ROM file could only be obtained by reading
        the ROMs from a real computer. By the time MacOS 9 came out the ROMs
        were so far out of date that Apple stopped using them for anything
        except booting. They included a replacement ROM image on the
        installation disks and loaded it at boot time.

        If you want to find one, look on a MacOS 9 CD, which due to
        Sheepshaver limitations should be 9.0, 9.01 or 9.04.

        Geoff.

        --
        geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
        Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson@...