SheepShaver install problem

  • zaunce
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2009
      Going by your "Install ReadMe.pdf", when I double-click the Installer icon the SheepShaver folder is installed properly in my Home folder. But I don't get any dialog when the installation is complete, and the SheepShaver Prefs configuration doesn't automatically open.

      Trying a workaround, I double-clicked the preferences icon in the SheepShaver folder to open it to the Preferences screen. Then I clicked the Add button in the Volumes box and navigated to the SheepShaver volume.dmg file and opened it. But at this point the box contained only "SheepShaver volume.dmg" with NO path to it specified. I repeated several times, with the same result. There doesn't seem to be any way to edit the volume path manually.

      The ROM File and Unix Root lines, as well as the data in the Audio/Video and Miscellaneous windows, were automatically filled in and are correct.

      I should mention that I just installed Snow Leopard on my iMac yesterday, November 20, and downloaded the SheepShaver package today, so both versions are current. I made an earlier unsuccessful attempt to install SheepShaver several weeks ago, but have removed all the older files and folders; as far as I can tell using EasyFind, I got everything.

      Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've been without WordPerfect since my old G4 went belly-up in April, and I'm getting desperate.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2009
        Until John posts his automated installer for SheepShaver, you might want to try this less ambitious system that runs WP in another emulator, Basilisk II. It installs automatically, and needs no special setup.

        http://wpdos.org/mac-intel.html