[wpmac] Re: Trouble getting started with SheepShaver

  • Daniell L. Mattern
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 13, 2009
      For me, Disk Utility says:
      "The volume SheepShaver appears to be OK."
      Using Disk First Aid twice (or three times) in a row didn't help.

      -- Dan

      >After you quit SheepShaver and open its volume in OSX, what does
      >Disk Utility say?
      >
      >John R.
      >
      >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Dave Schlicher
      ><daveschlicher@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I have a similar problem (Invalid sibling link, 4, 23), but Disk
      >>First Aid keeps saying it's unable to repair it.
      >>
      >> Dave Schlicher
      >>

      > > On Nov 12, 2009, at 6:22 AM, John R wrote:
      > >
      > > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Daniell L. Mattern"

      >> > Try using Disk First Aid to repair, twice in a row.
      >> >
      > > > John R.

    • Steve Kane
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 13, 2009
        On Nov 13, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Daniell L. Mattern wrote:

        > For me, Disk Utility says:
        > "The volume SheepShaver appears to be OK."
        > Using Disk First Aid twice (or three times) in a row didn't help.

        This happened on my system after I had opened the Sheepshaver
        volume.dmg in Mac OS X.

        I quit Sheepshaver, dragged a new copy of the Sheepshaver.dmg from the
        install folder in the Sheepshaver folder, restarted Sheepshaver and
        Disk Utility now reports no errors.

        As long as I don't ever open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X the
        problem does not return. If I open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X the
        problem comes back.

        Am I not supposed to open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X?
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 14, 2009
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kane <skane-l@...> wrote:

          > Am I not supposed to open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X?

          There should be no problem at all with that. It's the most efficient way
          to copy files to and from the SS volume.

          John R.
        • Alexander Wold
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 14, 2009
            I, too, have an error noted when disk doctor works, showing 0, 0 block
            problem. Have for years, on several computers. It has never caused a
            problem.

            Alexander Wold
            Albuquerque, NM