Re: [wpmac] Re: Trouble getting started with SheepShaver

  • Dave Schlicher
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 12, 2009
      John,

      First off, thanks for your help.

      When Mac OS X 10.6.2's Disk Utility tries to repair the disk it says:

      Verify and Repair volume “SheepShaver”
      Checking non-journaled HFS Plus Volume.
      Checking extents overflow file.
      Checking catalog file.
      Invalid sibling link
      Rebuilding catalog B-tree.
      The volume SheepShaver could not be repaired.
      Volume repair complete.
      Updating boot support partitions for the volume as required.
      Error: Disk Utility can’t repair this disk. Back up as many of your files as possible, reformat the disk, and restore your backed-up files.

      BTW, I should add that this disk has never passed the startup check by Disk First Aid.

      Any ideas would be much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dave Schlicher

      On Nov 12, 2009, at 3:21 PM, John R wrote:

      > After you quit SheepShaver and open its volume in OSX, what does
      > Disk Utility say?
      >
      > John R.
      >
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Dave Schlicher <daveschlicher@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a similar problem (Invalid sibling link, 4, 23), but Disk First Aid keeps saying it's unable to repair it.
      > >
      > > Dave Schlicher

      > > > Try using Disk First Aid to repair, twice in a row.
      > > >
      > > > John R.

    • Daniell L. Mattern
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 13, 2009
        For me, Disk Utility says:
        "The volume SheepShaver appears to be OK."
        Using Disk First Aid twice (or three times) in a row didn't help.

        -- Dan

        >After you quit SheepShaver and open its volume in OSX, what does
        >Disk Utility say?
        >
        >John R.
        >
        >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Dave Schlicher
        ><daveschlicher@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I have a similar problem (Invalid sibling link, 4, 23), but Disk
        >>First Aid keeps saying it's unable to repair it.
        >>
        >> Dave Schlicher
        >>

        > > On Nov 12, 2009, at 6:22 AM, John R wrote:
        > >
        > > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Daniell L. Mattern"

        >> > Try using Disk First Aid to repair, twice in a row.
        >> >
        > > > John R.

      • Steve Kane
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 13, 2009
          On Nov 13, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Daniell L. Mattern wrote:

          > For me, Disk Utility says:
          > "The volume SheepShaver appears to be OK."
          > Using Disk First Aid twice (or three times) in a row didn't help.

          This happened on my system after I had opened the Sheepshaver
          volume.dmg in Mac OS X.

          I quit Sheepshaver, dragged a new copy of the Sheepshaver.dmg from the
          install folder in the Sheepshaver folder, restarted Sheepshaver and
          Disk Utility now reports no errors.

          As long as I don't ever open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X the
          problem does not return. If I open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X the
          problem comes back.

          Am I not supposed to open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X?
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 14, 2009
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kane <skane-l@...> wrote:

            > Am I not supposed to open the Sheepshaver.dmg in Mac OS X?

            There should be no problem at all with that. It's the most efficient way
            to copy files to and from the SS volume.

            John R.
          • Alexander Wold
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 14, 2009
              I, too, have an error noted when disk doctor works, showing 0, 0 block
              problem. Have for years, on several computers. It has never caused a
              problem.

              Alexander Wold
              Albuquerque, NM