Re: [wpmac] Print to Postscript (was: Running WordPerfect on Mac)

  • Dr. Harry Corsover
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 4, 2009
      On Oct 4, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Bob Stern wrote:

      >> Dr. Harry Corsover wrote:
      >>
      >> I haven't even been able to get Print to PostScript (from which I
      >> could create a PDF) to work in Classic.
      >

      > Have you tried installing the AdobePS Postscript printer driver in
      > Classic? It prints to a .ps postscript file. (Distiller in Classic,
      > or Preview in OS X, can convert a .ps file to PDF.)

      Yes. I mis-"spoke" above. The postscript file is created fine (using
      Print to File), but I've tried this multiple times, and I've never
      before been able to create as PDF from that file (Distiller 5.x just
      doesn't work as it used to, and when I double clicked on the .ps file
      in the Finder, I got something showing the progress as supposedly
      created a PDF file, but then I could not find any such file. I also
      just noticed that I no longer have an Adobe Acrobat folder in my
      Applications (OS 9) folder, but only one in OS X Applications. I
      don't know if that makes a difference here.

      Today I stumbled on a solution, although I still have no idea why it
      works:

      If I first quit ("stop") Classic and then double click on a
      postscript file, it opens Preview and converts to PDF without a
      problem. If Classic is still running, this doesn't work.

      In any case, thanks for your comments and suggestions. I can now
      create PDFs from those old RSG files, and even from some old things I
      scanned in using PaperPort in OS 9 or earlier.

      Strange ...

      Regards,

      Harry Corsover

      --
      Harry D. Corsover, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist
      Linda G. Azzi, R.N., B.S. <www.corsazzi.com>
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 4, 2009