Re: [wpmac] Running WordPerfect on Mac

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 3 11:57 AM
      BTW - NeoOffice is outdated.

      OpenOffice.org is now Apple Native - there is no reason for NeoOffice to
      exist anymore. They used to fill the gap left by OpenOffice.org not having
      a native Mac port, but now they do. And NeoOffice is based on an older
      version of OpenOffice.org. You should get the newest version directly from
      OpenOffice.org for free.

      - Chad Smith

    • Dr. Harry Corsover
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 4 5:33 PM
        On Oct 4, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Bob Stern wrote:

        >> Dr. Harry Corsover wrote:
        >> I haven't even been able to get Print to PostScript (from which I
        >> could create a PDF) to work in Classic.
        > Have you tried installing the AdobePS Postscript printer driver in
        > Classic? It prints to a .ps postscript file. (Distiller in Classic,
        > or Preview in OS X, can convert a .ps file to PDF.)

        Yes. I mis-"spoke" above. The postscript file is created fine (using
        Print to File), but I've tried this multiple times, and I've never
        before been able to create as PDF from that file (Distiller 5.x just
        doesn't work as it used to, and when I double clicked on the .ps file
        in the Finder, I got something showing the progress as supposedly
        created a PDF file, but then I could not find any such file. I also
        just noticed that I no longer have an Adobe Acrobat folder in my
        Applications (OS 9) folder, but only one in OS X Applications. I
        don't know if that makes a difference here.

        Today I stumbled on a solution, although I still have no idea why it

        If I first quit ("stop") Classic and then double click on a
        postscript file, it opens Preview and converts to PDF without a
        problem. If Classic is still running, this doesn't work.

        In any case, thanks for your comments and suggestions. I can now
        create PDFs from those old RSG files, and even from some old things I
        scanned in using PaperPort in OS 9 or earlier.

        Strange ...

        Harry Corsover

        Harry D. Corsover, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist
        Linda G. Azzi, R.N., B.S. <www.corsazzi.com>
        Corsover & Azzi, Consultants in Personal Growth and Effectiveness
        3545 Golden Spur Loop, Castle Rock CO 80108
        Phone: (303) 674-8448