Re: [wpmac] TextEdit > WP Applescript

  • jrethorst
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2009

      > Never done anything like that, so this may be a daft question, but if
      > you are working in rtf do you need to tell the script to ensure the
      > font is one you have available in the Sheepshaver System Folder?

      Not a daft question at all, just something I would not have thought of.
      Design questions arise: if the font isn't there, should the script alert
      the user? Or substitute another font (which the OS would do anyway)?
      Another question is, since I try to make scripts run as fast as possible,
      would the font check be worth the time it would take, first to gather
      font info from the original document and then to check to see if SS
      has them?

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2009
        John

        It was the reference to rtf that made me ask the question. If I was
        working in Textedit and then decided to transfer to WP, I would
        probably not be using rtf, so I would expect system font-swapping. If
        I was in textedit and thinking of saving as rtf, I would not be
        thinking of then moving to WP - I would have started that document in
        WP. I'd let the System fix the fonts, therefore.