Re: [wpmac] Email problems

  • Bert Knabe
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 6, 2009
      I didn¹t receive any messages, but in the past I¹ve had messages of mine
      mystically appear in yahoogroups from as long as 3 years before. The
      messages arrived when they were originally sent, they just were resent
      somehow years later. But I¹ve never had more than one at time, and they
      always went to the whole group, not just a few members.

      Bert
    • newtownw@iol.ie
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 9, 2009
        If you want an explanation, I reckon this is what happened:

        The inbox at wpmac... got compromised/hijacked

        Its contents got sent to kingsleep...

        kingsleep's inbox overflowed or for other reasons gmail suspected something
        was very
        wrong

        kingsleep got terminated with extreme prejudice

        The remainder of our messages continued to be sent to kingsleep

        They were returned to the senders (us) as undeliverable because they were
        sent as if from
        us (the individuals, not the group

        Incidentally, I think I suggested a problem at Google. If so, I should of
        course have said
        Yahoo instead.

        Bye

        Hugh Dobbs