Re: [wpmac] Email problems

  • newtownw@iol.ie
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2009
      Happened to me too, four emails I sent to the group a long time ago were
      not delivered to kingsleep at somewhere today... Could the problem be at Google?

      Yours

      Hugh Dobbs (hnd101)
      http://www.iol.ie
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2009
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, newtownw@... wrote:

        > Happened to me too, four emails I sent to the group a long time ago were
        > not delivered to kingsleep at somewhere today...

        One more: a dozen of my messages (all from a long time ago in a galaxy far away) weren't delivered to kingsleep at somewhere.
      • Bert Knabe
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 6, 2009
          I didn¹t receive any messages, but in the past I¹ve had messages of mine
          mystically appear in yahoogroups from as long as 3 years before. The
          messages arrived when they were originally sent, they just were resent
          somehow years later. But I¹ve never had more than one at time, and they
          always went to the whole group, not just a few members.

          Bert
        • newtownw@iol.ie
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 9, 2009
            If you want an explanation, I reckon this is what happened:

            The inbox at wpmac... got compromised/hijacked

            Its contents got sent to kingsleep...

            kingsleep's inbox overflowed or for other reasons gmail suspected something
            was very
            wrong

            kingsleep got terminated with extreme prejudice

            The remainder of our messages continued to be sent to kingsleep

            They were returned to the senders (us) as undeliverable because they were
            sent as if from
            us (the individuals, not the group

            Incidentally, I think I suggested a problem at Google. If so, I should of
            course have said
            Yahoo instead.

            Bye

            Hugh Dobbs