Re: [wpmac] Keep Together....

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

      > From my experience, it seems that, when N = 1, the command instructs
      > the program to keep the line within which the command is embedded
      > together with itself. That has no practical value.

      It's worth recalling that the program was written in Utah.

      ;-)

      John R.
    • Kevin McCoy
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
        Do you have ResEdit?
        <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/417>

        If you open the "English (USA)" file (or whatever language you are
        using, e.g., "English (CAN)"), open 'DITL' number 249, select item
        number 5 (under the 'DITL' menu) and then under the 'Resource' menu
        'Open as Dialog Item' you can change the '1' to any number you would
        like�

        -Kevin

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
          Thanks Kevin. It's worth reminding anyone about to use ResEdit to
          make a copy of the file you want to modify, and edit the copy.

          John R.

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Kevin McCoy <kevin@...> wrote:

          > Do you have ResEdit?
          > <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/417>
          >
          > If you open the "English (USA)" file (or whatever language you are
          > using, e.g., "English (CAN)"), open 'DITL' number 249, select item
          > number 5 (under the 'DITL' menu) and then under the 'Resource' menu
          > 'Open as Dialog Item' you can change the '1' to any number you would
          > like…
          >
          > -Kevin
        • Kevin McCoy
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2009
            An excellent point. I was going to mention it, but then I forgot
            before I hit "send."

            On Aug 4, 2009, at 12:14 AM, John Rethorst wrote:

            > Thanks Kevin. It's worth reminding anyone about to use ResEdit to
            > make a copy of the file you want to modify, and edit the copy.
            >
            > John R.
            >

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Kevin McCoy <kevin@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Do you have ResEdit?
            >> <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/417>
            >>
            >> If you open the "English (USA)" file (or whatever language you are
            >> using, e.g., "English (CAN)"), open 'DITL' number 249, select item
            >> number 5 (under the 'DITL' menu) and then under the 'Resource' menu
            >> 'Open as Dialog Item' you can change the '1' to any number you would
            >> like…
            >>
            >> -Kevin
          • Rick Albright
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2009
              Seems like a lot of trouble to go to, just to change a default of "1"
              when you're probably going to change the value each time you use it
              anyway. I've never used that option myself, though I do regularly use
              the widow and orphan control.

              Rick Albright