A thank you and a question from a blasphemer

  • sgardner65301
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
      SS-WP 1.1 installation worked like a charm.

      However, I'm going to be using it to install what I thought was the best Classic word processor on the market–

      Word 5.1.

      Having scorched your screens with the mention of that word processor, I would like to know how to upgrade System 7.5 to System 8.6.1, and, if I can do so successfully, install the necessary USB or FireWire software so that I can hook up an old Visioneer PaperPort vx to my MacBook.

      Has anyone tried using old SCSI peripherals with SheepSaver through FireWire or USB? What happened?

      Thanks in advance.

      Scott
      R. Scott Gardner
      Gardner, Gardner & Gardner LLP
      Sedalia, Missouri
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "sgardner65301" <sgardner@...> wrote:

        > Having scorched your screens with the mention of that word processor, I would like to know how to upgrade System 7.5 to System 8.6.1, and, if I can do so successfully, install the necessary USB or FireWire software so that I can hook up an old Visioneer PaperPort vx to my MacBook.

        SheepShaver has absolutely no support for USB or Firewire peripherals; there is no workaround. You will not be able to use any USB or Firewire peripheral with SheepShaver.

        As for upgrading, etc., the best forum for this kind of question is at:

        http://www.emaculation.com/forum/
      • Bert Knabe
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
          On 7/19/09 9:16 PM, "Edward Mendelson" <em315@...> wrote:

          > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:wordperfectmac%40yahoogroups.com> , "sgardner65301" <sgardner@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          >> > Having scorched your screens with the mention of that word processor, I
          >> would like to know how to upgrade System 7.5 to System 8.6.1, and, if I can
          >> do so successfully, install the necessary USB or FireWire software so that I
          >> can hook up an old Visioneer PaperPort vx to my MacBook.
          >> >

          > SheepShaver has absolutely no support for USB or Firewire peripherals; there
          > is no workaround. You will not be able to use any USB or Firewire peripheral
          > with SheepShaver.
          >
          > As for upgrading, etc., the best forum for this kind of question is at:
          >
          > http://www.emaculation.com/forum/
          > -----

          Even if SheepShaver supported them, all reports I ever heard regarding
          Firewire to SCSI (don¹t recall any USB to SCSI) adapters said it was far more
          trouble than it was worth.

          Bert

          Bert Knabe
          Technician