Re: Password protected WP files

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2009

      > However, if you know anything about cryptography (I don't know anything about it myself, unfortunately), you might want to look at some earlier messages in this forum that discuss ways of cracking password protected WP files. You would need plenty of time and some experience to make use of those methods, and if the files are corrupt, then even a correct password may not help.

      And even if they are corrupted, the WP encryption scheme is simple enough it might be possible to recover most of the information. I'm thinking that if it's a byte here or there that is either garbled or got dropped or got inserted you should be able to recover everything else except those individual bytes -- and even then if it's plain English you should be able to correct the mistrakes.

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN