Re: [wpmac] Various problems

  • geoffrey mendelson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
      On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Geoff Gilbert wrote:

      > Dear Michael
      >
      > This does not respond to your questions, but Sheepshaver on the intel
      > machine will feel a lot more like the G3 than running Classic under
      > OS X on the G4 - you are transported back in time to the era of pre-X
      > (in fact, courtesy of John's download, you are transported back
      > further to OS 7.6). It might save a lot of time later on to move to
      > Sheepshaver now and start asking all the inevitable questions about
      > increasing the default size of the virtual Sheepshaver disk, how to
      > upgrade to at least OS 8.6 and how to sort out any printing glitches
      > from Sheepshaver - I should add, all of those issues have been
      > resolved in this forum.

      I'm running 9.0.4. The only problem I have is that I could never get
      Leopard's disk utility to verify the disk if the disk check at boot
      time found an error.

      I got around this the hard way, I set up another empty disk, installed
      OS 9.0.4 and DiskWarrior on it. When I need to check the disk I boot
      SheepShaver from that disk image instead of the regular one. I assume
      if you want to do it without DiskWarrior, you could just use the Apple
      program.

      Geoff.

      --
      geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM