Re: [wpmac] various problems

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
      There's an even sillier question. Why not use a MacPro with
      Sheepshaver, which is Classic Mac. Using Symlinks (see the archive),
      you can keep your WP files with your main OS X files (eg, pdfs). What
      I don't get is the G4 step in the process.

      Geoff (still writing academic law articles in WP3.5e on a MacBook Pro)

      >Can I ask an possibly silly question?
      >
      >If you only use WordPerfect, why move to a MacPro?
      >
      >Patrick
      >
      >On Jul 3, 2009, at 10:30 AM, luskin@... wrote:
      >

      >> I am in the process of attempting a major upgrade and am having a
      >> rotten
      >> time. I am trying to move from a G3, running OS 9.1 to a brand new
      >> Mac Pro,

    • Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
        Well If you really, absolutely positively go to have Word perfect in the
        Intel Mac You can use the tools here to open WP. Or if you want to move
        on to modern WP you can you boot camp or equivalent install a version of
        windows and get the PC version.

        In this case this is not an emulator. Intel Chips have feature where you
        can run more than one OS in the chip with an intervening program to to
        use that section.

        So you can use the best of both world without having to buy two
        different computers.

        --
        Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"
        616 Liberty Street Martinsville, Va 24112-1809