Re: [wpmac] SheepShaver Prefs file (was: Shutdown issues)

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
      Dear All

      On the Emaculation forum (as Edward had suggested), I asked the same
      question to see if there was any existing knowledge/ experience - the
      people there are just as helpful. Before reinstalling an OS and
      trashing prefs files, I always think it's a good idea to see if this
      is a common problem. It appears I was alone in the world on this one
      and while it was clearly an OS problem, it had to be related to
      sheepshaver because it only happened after using it (I don't use
      sheepshaver every day, so the behaviour could be readily associated).

      Yesterday, I reinstalled 10.5.7 from the Combo updater (always a good
      idea, even if you have diligently upgraded incrementally whenever it
      is suggested) and I ran Onyx - John is right on the usefulness of
      this programme. Can I also plug another bit of freeware for more
      dramatic cases, Applejack - you need to use the right version for
      your OS, but it works when you boot in Single User Mode and provides
      a lot more than /sbin/fsck -fy and it uses ordinary English.

      So far, the problem has disappeared, but I usually give these things
      a week to raise their ugly heads again.

      Thanks

      Geoff