file extensions

  • badhabitbill
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2009
      when using 3.5e in mac classic, is there a way to save a file in WP 11, 12 or X3 formats so a PC user does not need to convert the mac file?

      thanks for the help...

      - bill
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18, 2009
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, badhabitbill <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > when using 3.5e in mac classic, is there a way to save a file in WP 11, 12 or X3 formats so a PC user does not need to convert the mac file?

        File | Save as...

        and choose as format: "WP for PC 6,7,8" and use the extension .WPD on the filename.

        The WP file format is the same in WP 6 through X4.

        And no version of WP for the PC can open files saved in WPMac 3.5e's native format. (OpenOffice.org can do it, but not WP for Windows.)
      • badhabitbill
        Message 3 of 4 , May 18, 2009
          thanks...

          this group has been an amazing resource and has actually saved me quite a bit of money (setting up my sister to use WP/mac for her law internship rather than giving her my old PC and having to buy myself a new one)...

          thanks for making it easy and straightforward...

          - bill

          Message 4 of 4 , May 19, 2009
            If your sister wants to save most or all of her files in WP for Windows format, make things easier by using

            Edit
            Preferences
            Files

            and change Save As File Dialog Format to

            WP for PC 6,7,8

            Then OK
            Close Preferences window

            Files will open more slowly in WPMac because the program needs to convert them, but this saves a step when saving.