[wpmac] Re: Help! With WP 3.5 Password Protected files.

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 12 , May 8, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Doug Auwarter <dauwarter@...> wrote:

      > And this is exactly what I remember reading about WP encryption at
      > that time. MacWorld gave it a C+ in regards to its security at the
      > time. It offered some security, but somebody who really knew what
      > they were doing wouldn't have a lot trouble "cracking" it.
      > Best,
      > Doug

      The assertion here was that the encryption on Mac WordPerfect was better than PC Wordperfect ... doesn't look like it. It's possible it's slightly different (I haven't had time to figure it out) but on first blush it doesn't look markedly so.

      (yes, I'm taking it as a personal challenge to figure it out, but I"m not going to promise how quickly.)

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN