Button Bar has disappeared

  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 6:26 PM
      How can I retrieve my Button Bar, which has vanished. I don't know when
      or how it happened. The menu bar at the top of the desktop has a pull-down
      menu headed Layout. The second item is "Show Button Bar." I clicked on
      that but nothing happened. I'm running WP 5.3 Enhanced on an iMac G5, OSX
      version 10.4.11.

      Ruth B.

    • Daryl Chinn
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        John may know something about trashing your preferences in a system folder; I don't know for sure.

        However, you can try these:

        1)Quit WP.
        2) Re-open WP.
        3) On the top of the screen, go to Layout/Show (or Hide) Button Bar, and click on.Show Button Bar.

        On my 3.5e on a late Powerbook G4/10.4.11, I can show/hide the Button Bar using <Apple-Option-B> but I don't know whether I have customized my keyboard for this.

        I'd also recommend you also play around with your Preferences (under Edit/Preferences/Show Bars) to see what you can do with the whole program and what it shows.

        Let us know what does or doesn't work.

        Daryl