Re: wpmac for Tiger?

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Eliaser" <jeliaser@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I have an Intel Mac with Tiger (10.4.11), and I would LOVE to use the WPMac Appliance solution, which looks awesome.

      After saying that I wouldn't this, I decided to see how much work would be required, so I wrote out a set of instructions for installing the WPMac Appliance manually under Tiger. I tested this on a PowerPC Mac, but I can't see any reason why the same method shouldn't work on an Intel Mac.

      The instructions are here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html#tigersetup

      These are offered with absolutely NO support. If they don't produce the results you want, try performing all the steps again, very, very carefully.

      When you see how complicated it is, you may decide that it's easier to upgrade to Leopard and use the automated installer.