Re: Appletalk Printing from SS Solved

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 8, 2009
      (Repost to remove typing errors; apologies to those who get the list by mail.)

      >> It isn't better; I very much prefer the solution in the Sheepshaver
      >> install (even though this LPR printer solution seems a bit faster).

      > Why do you prefer it?

      No setup required; choice of PDF or print.

      I don't actually use Sheepshaver (or Basilisk II), but if I did actually use it, I suppose I would, in fact, take the trouble to set up one desktop printer to a real OS X print queue and another desktop printer to create PDFs - instead of using the current folder-watching method.

      But that would be solely for my own use. Having had some experience with creating printing setups for other users, I would *always* recommend creating the one that requires no setup at all.

      If you asking because you're working on your next Sheepshaver-setup version, I think your life will be made infinitely easier if you create a no-setup-required printing system by default, but add an explanation of how to set up the more complex but faster printing system.
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 9, 2009

        > If you asking because you're working on your next Sheepshaver-setup
        > version, I think your life will be made infinitely easier if you create a
        > no-setup-required printing system by default, but add an explanation of
        > how to set up the more complex but faster printing system.

        Good advice. This is what I'll do.