Speed Styles

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28 1:28 PM
      Hi, Everyone.

      I have had a problem with Speed Styles in SheepShaver (running emulated
      OS 8.6 in OS 10.4.11). Not all the styles I create show up in the
      SpeedStyles menu that is part of the Font toolbar, or in the Edit
      SpeedStyle dialog box, though they do all show up in the Librarian
      dialog. Has anyone run into this? Any solutions? I have long found
      Speed Styles quite handy sometimes, and this now gets in the way. Thanks.

      Tom

      ===================================
      Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
      Licensed Clinical Psychologist
      1140 Lake Street, Suite 508
      Oak Park, IL 60301-1053
      (708) 848-1611
      fax (708) 848-1436
      tjrostaf@...
      ===================================
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28 6:46 PM
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D." <TJRostaf@...> wrote:

        > I have had a problem with Speed Styles in SheepShaver (running emulated
        > OS 8.6 in OS 10.4.11). Not all the styles I create show up in the
        > SpeedStyles menu that is part of the Font toolbar, or in the Edit
        > SpeedStyle dialog box, though they do all show up in the Librarian
        > dialog. Has anyone run into this? Any solutions? I have long found
        > Speed Styles quite handy sometimes, and this now gets in the way. Thanks.

        You may have a corrupted Library. Try this: quit WP, copy your Library file
        to your desktop, and restart WP. It will create a new Library. Go to the
        Librarian and copy your Speedstyles, macros and other resources from
        the old Library to the new.

        John R.
      • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29 9:07 PM
          Thank you, John. I created a new library and copied everything over, as
          you suggested. I tried trashing the preferences file too.
          Unfortunately, still fewer SpeedStyles show up now than before (only
          two, out of ten installed; I had been up to six). Tom

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 29 10:35 PM
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D." <TJRostaf@...> wrote:

            > Thank you, John. I created a new library and copied everything over, as
            > you suggested. I tried trashing the preferences file too.
            > Unfortunately, still fewer SpeedStyles show up now than before (only
            > two, out of ten installed; I had been up to six). Tom

            When you create a new Speedstyle, does it show in the menu?

            John R.
          • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31 5:30 AM
              No, if the SpeedStyle is saved in the Library. However, more
              SpeedStyles appear in the menu for documents that have SpeedStyles saved
              in them -- not limited to that document's SpeedStyles, either, though
              still not all that are in the Library. Tom

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
                I can't duplicate this. Try copying all Speedstyles into a document,
                and then recreating the Library as before. This time, though, don't
                copy any resources from the old Library. Make a couple of new
                speedstyles. If they're visible in the menu, I'd conclude that the
                earlier set of styles became corrupted and should be recreated.

                Another thought: do your style have keystrokes or macros assigned?

                As a last resort, my Character Styles macro set does much the
                same thing, but color is not available.

                John R.