Sheepsaver problems

  • Ryno Swart
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2009
      Hi all,

      Frustration overcoming my reticence, I need some assistance in
      getting Sheepshaver working on my MacBookPro (intel).

      I had got it working some time ago (maybe on another Macbook which I
      replaced), but it stopped, and I have never been able to get it going
      again.

      I named my ROM "MacOS-ROM" and my HD of MB256 "Sheepdisk". They are
      all in the same folder.

      When I double-click on Sheepshaver I get flash of a black window as
      it tries to open, and fails.

      When I double-click on SheepshaverGUI, everything works as expected
      until I click on "Start". Then I get a message saying simply
      "Sheepsaver error: Unsupported ROM type" plus the black Sheepsaver
      window with a spinning cursor, but when I quit, I lose it.

      Can anybody offer any suggestions? I can no longer find any system
      software CD's.

      Ryno.

      http://artistvision.org

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2009
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Ryno Swart <swartart@...> wrote:

        > I named my ROM "MacOS-ROM" and my HD of MB256 "Sheepdisk". They are
        > all in the same folder.
        >
        > When I double-click on Sheepshaver I get flash of a black window as
        > it tries to open, and fails.
        >
        > When I double-click on SheepshaverGUI, everything works as expected
        > until I click on "Start". Then I get a message saying simply
        > "Sheepsaver error: Unsupported ROM type" plus the black Sheepsaver
        > window with a spinning cursor, but when I quit, I lose it.

        Have you pointed SS to the ROM file with the new name, using SS Prefs?
        If so, my guess is that it's not a ROM file that will work with SS. Download
        the SS install for a valid file.