Re: [wpmac] Re: Explaining the Macintosh surge?

  • villars@hamptons.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 21, 2009
      On Mar 20, 2009, at 7:31 PM, geralyn_dawson wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > First time visitor/poster to this forum and you are talking about
      > me when you ask about the Macintosh surge.
      >
      > I have to buy a new laptop and I don't want Vista. I'm so
      > impressed with my other Apple products that I want to buy a Mac.
      > That said, I cannot lose my Wordperfect. I'm a writer by
      > profession and I'd rather eat worms than switch to Word.
      >
      > I came to this forum looking for a way to solve my problem. Do you
      > guy's have a FAQ you can point me to?
      >
      > TIA,
      >
      > Geralyn

      Geralyn,
      I understand being ready to eat worms under the direst conditions. I
      only use Macs and writing is my profession, too. However, I'm on this
      list quite by accident. It became evident one time when I asked a
      question! John pointed out the forum I could visit to get the answer.
      But I've stayed on, somewhat learning more
      My word processor is Appleworks although I used to adore Microsoft
      word 5.1, or, whatever is Classic's prize version, but I assume I
      need to use other than Appleworks if I expect people to read my ebooks.

      John, I have OS 10.4.11. Haven't a clue, obviously, about Sheepsaver
      or, anything else, but, for pure writing - no graphics, etc, - could
      I jump (ha!) into Wordperfect without too much idiocy on my part?
      Will I grow to love it as much as Classic, which I still have but
      rarely use.

      Nancy
    • Chad Smith
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 23, 2009
        Yes, Word 5.1 can be run under SheepShaver.

        - Chad Smith
        http://www.chadwsmith.com/