Re: Explaining the Macintosh surge?

    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 20, 2009
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, geralyn_dawson <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > First time visitor/poster to this forum and you are talking about me
      > when you ask about the Macintosh surge.
      >
      > I have to buy a new laptop and I don't want Vista. I'm so impressed
      > with my other Apple products that I want to buy a Mac. That said, I
      > cannot lose my Wordperfect. I'm a writer by profession and I'd rather
      > eat worms than switch to Word.
      >
      > I came to this forum looking for a way to solve my problem. Do you
      > guy's have a FAQ you can point me to?

      Go to the list at the left of this page, to Links > SheepShaver and Basilisk.
      The third to last link has a SheepShaver install; the second to last link has
      a Basilisk install, and the last link has extensive discussion about these. A
      search of this group's archives would also help.

      John R.
    • Chad Smith
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 23, 2009
        Yes, Word 5.1 can be run under SheepShaver.

        - Chad Smith
        http://www.chadwsmith.com/