Sheepsaver and choice of Mac OS Rom

  • jpwav716
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2009
      Is there any advantage to grabbing the Mac OS Rom from my Beige G3 instead of using the one that came in your install file which is " MacOS ROM 1.6 from “MacOS ROM Update 1.0""?

      For kicks, I used Rom Grabber to grab the rom file from the G3, and named it Mac OS Rom, but SheepShaver does not recognize it, and the icon looks different from the one John Rethorst supplied.

      The reason I ask, is that the Power PC version of Microsoft Works 4.0c (yes, I know this is a Word Perfect forum....sorry) used to work, but now it is crashing SheepShaver. But the non PowerPC version 4.0b works just fine.

      Thanks.

      I read often, but rarely feel the need to post.

      My aging Father in law likes the speed and big screen of his new iMac, but is having difficulty adapting to the different user experience of Pages and Numbers. He wants the benefits of the new Mac, without having to learn everything all over again.

    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2009
        For expert advice on running Sheepshaver, try this forum:

        http://www.emaculation.com/forum/

        They know all about various ROMs and other options there.