Doubt about disks and network....

  • djanmarsiglia
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2009
      Hi everybody,

      I was reading a post today and decided to ask...

      How can I mount the disk in OSX? the etension .dsk doesn't mount here...

      And, second: is Networking functional in Sheepshaver? I can't use Ethernet here...

      thanks
      Djan Marsiglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2009
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, djanmarsiglia <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > I was reading a post today and decided to ask...
        >
        > How can I mount the disk in OSX? the etension .dsk doesn't mount here...

        It should have the extension .dmg, and will mount by double-clicking
        (after quitting SheepShaver, since one volume should not be mounted in
        two OS's at the same time).

        > And, second: is Networking functional in Sheepshaver? I can't use
        > Ethernet here...

        Others know more than I do, and a search here might help, but I think
        that networking works but not well.

        John R.
      • Edward Mendelson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2009
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, djanmarsiglia <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > How can I mount the disk in OSX? the etension .dsk doesn't mount here...
          >
          > And, second: is Networking functional in Sheepshaver? I can't use Ethernet here...

          If you have a disk image file with a .dsk extension, use one of many free disk-mounting programs, such as Mounty or Mount Me! You can find them easily as MacUpdate.com or VersionTracker.com.

          Networking may or may not work in Sheepshaver, but will only if you install the networking components, or if you simply install OS 9.04 or some other version instead of the version installed on John's system.

          Questions about networking in Sheepshaver are more likely to be answered in the forum at emaculation.com. There are plenty of threads about it there. You really are MUCH more likely to get useful answers there rather than here.