Re: Explaining the Macintosh surge?

  • tbgibson
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 13, 2009
      My theory? The Apple retail stores. They offer folks like this guy
      (below) a chance to feel comfortable (and excited even!) about making
      the switch. They feel like there's support out there for them.

      I got this in an email today from one of our older members (I work for a
      country club). He's in his late 70s and had told me that he was
      considering a Mac because once he added all the features to the HP he
      was looking at, the cost difference favored the Mac. I suggested he go
      to the Apple store to find out more...
      I followed your lead and bought a new Apple Computer. I am a happy
      camper--I spent over an hour at the store with one of the sales reps so
      now I am somewhat familiar but have lots to learn --which I like.
      Who gets that kind of help and support at Best Buy when they look at
      Windows computers?

      Tina Gibson
      Fairfax, Va.

    • Chad Smith
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 23, 2009
        Yes, Word 5.1 can be run under SheepShaver.

        - Chad Smith
        http://www.chadwsmith.com/