Re: Explaining the Macintosh surge?

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 11, 2009
      The Mac also does windows
      easier than ever with several options to run other operating systems
      The Mac is now the only mainstream cross-platform box out...

      Folks can load windoze and run almost any OEM software needed for work and still get the reliability of a Mac.

      With Time Machine; even Windoze is Re~bootable and Crash protected with only recently broken windoze files lost in the bargain...

      We certainly can't attribute the recent Mac Surge to marketing, the new commercials are weak.

      The new AirBook lacks a drive bay, MacBooks lack a firewire port so the Macs are giving up compelling features while maintaining a price premium.

      Good things are never cheap and Win~Crash machines are never good :)

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Fitzgerald <scrpt@...> wrote:

      > On 11/03/2009, at 11:48 AM, John Rethorst wrote:
      >
      > > The best theory I've heard is: "Windows Vista." When people
      > > found out they'd have to buy a new computer and learn a new
      > > interface, a certain slice of them just said, "Well, if I have to buy
      > > a new machine and learn a new interface, I may as well get the
      > > cool-looking, virus-free one."
      >
      > Of the three people I know who have recently purchased Macs rather
      > than a Windows machine. It is actually a process of cumulative
      > exhaustion. They are so sick and tired of having to be computer
      > experts just to keep their machines running. The Mac offers them
      > opportunity to simply fire up the computer and get on with the job.
      >
      > malcolm

    • Chad Smith
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 23, 2009
        Yes, Word 5.1 can be run under SheepShaver.

        - Chad Smith
        http://www.chadwsmith.com/