Re: [wpmac] Explaining the Macintosh surge?

  • Malcolm Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 10, 2009
      On 11/03/2009, at 11:48 AM, John Rethorst wrote:

      > The best theory I've heard is: "Windows Vista." When people
      > found out they'd have to buy a new computer and learn a new
      > interface, a certain slice of them just said, "Well, if I have to buy
      > a new machine and learn a new interface, I may as well get the
      > cool-looking, virus-free one."

      Of the three people I know who have recently purchased Macs rather
      than a Windows machine. It is actually a process of cumulative
      exhaustion. They are so sick and tired of having to be computer
      experts just to keep their machines running. The Mac offers them
      opportunity to simply fire up the computer and get on with the job.

      malcolm
    • Chad Smith
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 23, 2009
        Yes, Word 5.1 can be run under SheepShaver.

        - Chad Smith
        http://www.chadwsmith.com/