WPMac works on Windows computers

  • Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2009
      Hi, Everyone.

      I still think it's cool to be able to run, and do my work on, Mac OS 8.6
      on a PC provided by the hospital. The latest build of SSWin works well.
      I had reported that, except in WP which permits an OnStartUp macro
      toggling off NumLock, the arrow keys and page navigation keys did not
      work -- inserting numbers instead. Turns out that SSWin works a lot
      better if Use Raw Keycodes is UNCHECKED in the SheepShaver GUI. Arrow
      keys and most everything else work properly now, without requiring the
      toggling off of NumLock in the Mac application.

      Another thing. WinXP (or earlier) cannot convert postscript files
      (created by "printing" to the LaserWriter or AdobePS software within the
      Mac OS) into PDF's the way Mac OSX does (don't know if Vista can, don't
      care). I have at times simply taken the PS files back with me on a
      thumb drive to convert on my Mac. However, there is a website,
      www.ps2pdf.com, that will make the conversion, so long as you have an
      internet connection -- which the hospital does, so I can print from SS
      there easily, once I have made the PDF.

      Tom

      Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D.
      Licensed Clinical Psychologist