Re: [wpmac] SpamSieve vs. legitimate WordPerfect posts?

  • Phillip Jones, C.E.T.
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
      I've received it as well and I am one of the administrators of the
      Intuit Yahoo group.

      so far I have not seen it on the Intuit group yet. I've knocked a few
      off as either off topic or spam. I I see it come up I gain I will
      report it as spam.

      Cheryl Collins wrote:

      > Please excuse my ignorance, but what do "known email address harversters"
      > do? Sell them, or abuse them?
      >
      > I've received that Grouply invite also.
      > cheryl
      >
      > On 2/6/09 4:43 AM, "John Rehwinkel" <jrehwin@...
      > <mailto:jrehwin%40mac.com>> wrote:
      >
      > >> On a related subject, I occasionally receive a type of spam from this
      > >> list that I've never received from any other Yahoo list: People
      > >> claiming to be members of this list, but who never actually posted
      > >> here, wanting me to "friend" them on a Facebook-like social website
      > >> whose name I can't remember.
      > >
      > > Sounds like Grouply. A known email address harvester. Avoid.
      > >
      > > � the other John R.

      Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling

      If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

      mailto:pjones@...

      <http:www.phillipmjones.net>
      <http://www.vpea.org>
    • Rick Albright
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
        I agree that SpamSieve is a terrific product, and very well
        supported. I've been using it for about 2 years now; I've probably
        gotten about a dozen updates to it without paying any additional
        fees. It does a far better job than any other spam filter I've tried,
        and is very reasonably priced, especially given the outstanding support.

        Rick Albright
        On Feb 6, 2009, at 6:43 PM, Katherine Noftz Nagel (Kat) wrote:
        > BI've been using SpamSieve for several years. It's the best of the
        > bunch, in my experience, in terms of the low incidence of false
        > positives (mail marked as spam that shouldn't be). If you're
        > concerned, just go back into training mode for a while: mark the
        > real spam messages, then screen your spam folder for any real list
        > messages that might have gotten caught. I sort by subject, then
        > scroll down to [wpmac] to check for mistakes. After a few
        > corrections, SpamSieve has been dead accurate in separating real
        > messages from junk.

      • Bill Bossart
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 7, 2009
          I second, third all the favorable comments.
          Bill Bossart
          whbossart@...