Re: Help! with conversions

  • David Patterson
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009
      "I am sorry to say this, but sometimes I think that the list has
      become almost entirely concerned with Sheepshaver and Basilisk. I
      almost never see a query any more that is not concerned with those
      emulators. I may be in the minority by not having an Intel Mac, but
      something tells me I am not. I do realize that as time goes on, our
      numbers will shrink, but I also know that Macs are famed for their
      longevity (and, after all, we are on a list devoted to a piece of
      software that is quite venerable by software standards). In the
      meantime, don't forget us.

      Rick Albright"

      I'll go for that. I use WP on my old G3 to create documents. I also use
      Show Codes to clean up formatting in other documents.
      If I must transmit the results to others, I just paste the contents into
      a Word document and send it to those poor souls who are crippled by
      using a PC.
      If the discussion in this news letter is about Sheepshaver I delete it.
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2009

        > I am sorry to say this, but sometimes I think that the list has
        > become almost entirely concerned with Sheepshaver and Basilisk. I
        > almost never see a query any more that is not concerned with those
        > emulators.

        The list may be focusing on SS and BL for the moment probably
        because these are relatively less-known machine configurations and
        need more attention at this point and, at the same time, support
        the newer OS and hardware that offer other advantages. At some
        point, I think soon, we will all be comfortable with emulators, and
        pay more attention to more general topics.

        > I may be in the minority by not having an Intel Mac, but
        > something tells me I am not. I do realize that as time goes on, our
        > numbers will shrink, but I also know that Macs are famed for their
        > longevity (and, after all, we are on a list devoted to a piece of
        > software that is quite venerable by software standards).

        We serious wordsmiths are also known for longevity, and plan to
        continue using the best word processing program ever written.
        BTW, it's faster and more stable than at any point in its history.

        > In the meantime, don't forget us.

        No worries!

        John R.
      • John Kaufmann
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2009
          In a message dated 2009.02.06 01:25 -0500, John Rethorst wrote:

          > We serious wordsmiths are also known for longevity, ...

          ;-)¬°Good! I'd miss your posts... and invaluable contribution to the WP world.

          > and plan to continue using the best word processing program ever written.

          Spoken like someone who can appreciate an incorrigible user of WP 5.1.
          --
          John
        • David Patterson
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 9, 2009
            >>Spoken like someone who can appreciate an incorrigible user of WP 5.1.
            --
            John<<

            That's where I started, WP5.1 in college. I fell in love with using the
            keyboard shortcuts, not having to move my hands from the keyboard.
            Of course this was under DOS, but once I moved to a GUI it was a real
            time saver.
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 9, 2009
              Some of us still use those shortcuts in WPMac - Shift-F7 to print, anyone?

              Geoff