What happened to message 5614?

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
      Message 5614 asked about opening Word files in
      WPMac 3.5e running (apparently in Classic) under
      9.2.2. When I came back to reply to it, the message
      seemed to have disappeared. Will it be back?
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009

        > Message 5614 asked about opening Word files in
        > WPMac 3.5e running (apparently in Classic) under
        > 9.2.2. When I came back to reply to it, the message
        > seemed to have disappeared. Will it be back?

        I did not delete it. I don't know if a person who posts a message can
        delete it or not. My two signons are as moderator and owner, which
        allow deletions of any messages so, without a user signon, I don't
        know whether a specific user can delete messages he or she has
        posted. In the Messages (not Home) screen, look at the messages
        you've posted. Is there a delete checkbox to the left, that is not there
        for other messages?

        John R.
      • John Kaufmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
          In a message dated 2009.02.04 21:02 -0500, John Rethorst wrote:

          >> Message 5614 asked about opening Word files in
          >> WPMac 3.5e running (apparently in Classic) under
          >> 9.2.2. When I came back to reply to it, the message
          >> seemed to have disappeared. Will it be back?
          >
          > ... I don't know if a person who posts a message can delete it or not. My two signons are as moderator and owner, which allow deletions of any messages so, without a user signon, I don't know whether a specific user can delete messages he or she has posted.

          Yes, users can delete their own posts (a feature of which I've availed
          myself in not-too-rare moments of stupidity).

          John K.
        • Edward Mendelson
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009

            > I did not delete it. I don't know if a person who posts a message can
            > delete it or not. My two signons are as moderator and owner, which
            > allow deletions of any messages so, without a user signon, I don't
            > know whether a specific user can delete messages he or she has
            > posted. In the Messages (not Home) screen, look at the messages
            > you've posted. Is there a delete checkbox to the left, that is not there
            > for other messages?

            Yep, you can delete your own messages - as I discovered after I
            posted mine. Presumably, the original poster deleted his. But it
            was a good question...!
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, John Kaufmann <kaufmann@...> wrote:

              > Yes, users can delete their own posts (a feature of which I've availed
              > myself in not-too-rare moments of stupidity).
              >
              > John K.

              John, your posts are of exceptional value. Please don't delete any more.