Re: [wpmac] Re: New version of SheepShaver install in progress - what needs to be ad
- On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 04:22:00AM -0000, John Rethorst wrote:
>--- In email@example.com, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm@...> wrote:1. I created an image, New.dsk, with SS prefs.
>> Speaking of instructions, I can't find, or figure out any way of creating
>> a new disk image that works with SheepShaver AND can be checked/repaired
>> with Leopard's disk utility.
>Use SheepShaver Prefs (the original) to create a disk image. What
>happens when you quit SS and then check this image with Disk Utility?
2. I tried to open it with disk utility and it would not find it.
3. I renamed it new.dmg.
4. Disk utility opened it, but could not find any mountable file systems.
5. I changed the prefs to the new image and started SS.
Note, without a bootable disk image, SS will not shut down. :-(
6. When I boot Macos, I was asked to intialize the volume, I chose
MacOS standard and intialized it.
7. Disk utility mounts the image, but finds no file system on in it
claiming no partition map.
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@... N3OWJ/4X1GM
- --- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "John Rethorst" <jrethorst@...> wrote:
> What I think's best would be to keep an SS install available along withAbsolutely right - I simply forgot about all those PPC-only applications...!
> your fine WPApplianceFiles setup with Basilisk, as some users may have
> other reasons to choose one or the other, e.g. running another
> legacy app as well that needs either PPC or 68K.