Problem Using SheepShaver

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
      I've tried installing WPMac using John's SheepShaver. The problem I'm
      having is the download installs the sheep on the desk top and when I
      click on it, nothing happens. I Show all the files listed in
      Installing SheepShaver/WordPerfect which should make it work, right?
      Is there something about the program that I'm not grasping?

      I have Max OSX Leopard with intel on it.

      Thanks for any help you can give me. I tried searching the group for
      this particular problem but couldn't find anything on it.

      Steve
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2009
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <bearsteve@...> wrote:

        > I've tried installing WPMac using John's SheepShaver. The problem I'm
        > having is the download installs the sheep on the desk top and when I
        > click on it, nothing happens. I Show all the files listed in
        > Installing SheepShaver/WordPerfect which should make it work, right?
        > Is there something about the program that I'm not grasping?

        You need to perform ALL the steps listed in the file called "Install
        ReadMe.pdf", which is found in the "SS-WP 1.1 Installation Folder".

        If you don't have that folder, or you can't find that file, start again
        by going to the Links section on this site, then to the SheepShaver
        and Basilisk folder, and then use the link called "SheepShaver-
        WordPerfect Install 1.1." That links to the ZIP file that contains the
        'Install ReadMe.pdf" that you need to study - and perform ALL
        the steps listed.
      • Steve K
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
          ED,

          I did download and read all the instructions before trying to use SS.  I guess I didn't state my question correctly.  What I was getting at is when it says "Click the installer icon" I didn't have one showing on my desktop.  I did have the sheep showing, but nothing happened when I clicked on that.  I did find the installer by searching through the files and will try using that.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Steve K <bearsteve@...> wrote:

            > I did download and read all the instructions before trying to use SS.  I guess I didn't state
            my question correctly.  What I was getting at is when it says "Click the installer icon" I didn't
            have one showing on my desktop.  I did have the sheep showing, but nothing happened
            when I clicked on that.  I did find the installer by searching through the files and will try
            using that.

            The "Installer" icon is in the SS-WP-1.1 folder - the same folder
            with the "Install ReadMe.pdf" file that says you should click on the
            Installer icon. If you found the Install ReadMe.pdf, the Installer icon
            is right there in the same place.