Re: WP and XML (was: WordPerfect 3.5e and Publishers Today)

  • Paul Cowan
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 17, 2008
      wrote, quoting others:

      > > (By the way, WordPerfect codes and structures look – to my
      > > untrained eye at least – to be a lot like XML.)
      >
      > There's a remarkable similarity, so it might be remarkably easy to
      > write XML import and export conversions for WordPerfect. It
      > would support conversions to/from MS Word 2007 for PC and
      > 2008 for Mac.
      >
      > This is going to be my next major WP project.

      That would be, dare I say it, Insanely Great.

      At the moment, to import WordPerfect documents into Déjà Vu X for
      translation, I use a workflow which, though it works well, is
      sometimes lossy (WP -> OOo -> DVX -> OOo -> OOo's own MS Word export
      filter -> WP) - especially when there are tables and such in the
      original. But Déjà Vu will happily eat XML. Be great to be able to
      simplify the import/export.

      bye,

      P. (^_^)